Best Merchant Service Company

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Broker, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

What company and process would you advise for accepting credit cards and how long does it take to setup?

2. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We use innovative merchant thru QuickBooks. Takes a couple days to get up and running.

3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'm currently looking into using Costco. Great rates.

4. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on how much volume you do. Some have daily or monthly limits. The best way is to search and compare a bunch to see whats right for you. It takes about 24-48 hours to set up.

6. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

So I set up an account with Bank of America purchased a new machine and set the account up as seasonal so in the off season there are no charges. The monthly fee is 9.95 and each transaction is charged 2.2% plus .20. Is this about average or did I rush into it?

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think that's good for a low volume, but I'd say you need at least 100 dollars worth of transactions to make it worthwhile and to offset the 9.95 cost, and more is better.
    As for me, I don't do it for the business but for my site I use clickbank which is no monthly fee but they charge 15% per transaction. Since I do LESS than $100 / month, it's cheaper than what you pay, but that's on a consistent below 100 / month.

8. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

That sounds reasonable. How much does a machine cost? I do my transactions cardless, so have a little higher rate of 2.9% & 0.25 per.