1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best mini + backhoe

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by turfquip, Jun 1, 2005.

1. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys thing is the ideal rubber track skid steer loader w/backhoe attachment? I don't need the largest most powerful combination, as I do a lot of backyard digging - level to slightly rolling.

What brands offer the best set ups?

Fianally, am I correct in thinking that a set up like this, is the ultimate landscapers set up in terms of versility per dollars invested?

2. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

The boxer loader and the Kanga loaders are the two I like the most

In fact I demoed the Kanga Kid on a job that involved a good bit of moving and digging and it didnt let me down once
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

they are the yugo of mini skid steers.....

the boxers are nice. spent a lot of time on one. the ditch witch sk500 is a REALLY nice machine. I own a dingo tx425, but would say the boxer or ditch witch would be better suited for the backhoe mainly due to thier longer legnth, and thier extra weight.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try komatsu there top.
  5. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Have you used a Kanga for any lenght of time???

If so you would not make that absurd statement
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

statement is not absurd.... they are the cheapest, have the lowest resale value. rental stores started using them becuase they were cheap to buy but dropped them becuase of problems they were having ( home depot, etc...)

they have the lowest operating capacities of any in thier class....

do a search online and you can fing a bunch of used kanga's for sale, but much fewer dingo's boxer's vermeer's, etc... when we were looking for our unit we could have bought a kanga, trailer and all attachments for 9K... the unit was only 2 years old.... now that is poor resale value..

we found these types of deals all over the place...