Best mower brand for wet conditions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Apr 27, 2010.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Had them all deere by far. They do not cut the blades up as small but they do not ball up and make green gooo. Go demo a new Deere then you will see. My Deeres use less gas because the decks are more efficient and require less power when handling lots of grass.

2. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the big brain on Brad! Excellent presentation.

pulp-fiction.jpg

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure that Quick makes the WORST deck for wet conditions....
    I am sure there are plenty other's too.

4. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

My 61" Velocity Plus deck is great in the wet, at least as good as you can get in the wet.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its not the deck thats the prob-its the belts slip when mowing wet grass and will even break.

6. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

For me.......

Removing this plate worked even better for long wet grass. Love the deck.

vel.jpg

7. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to mow when its wet and the Scag Velocity is the best Ive seen with the 7Iron next. My yard is pretty nice right now and I let it get to high. It didnt look it until you walked in it. And it was wet when I cut it. Its thick short fescue. I would be willing to make anyone a offer. If you think your mower will cut better than my TT Velocity I will let it get tall again and you can bring your mower and we will cut side beside. Now were talking 29hp gas and 61". So we need to be fair. If your mower will out cut my Scag and not clump and make the yard look nice you can have it, but if it out cuts yours I get it.

8. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I like my 7 iron decks but it seems others do fine. Depends on the mowing height and type of grass.

9. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

yep, Turbo Force deck on WB and Grandstand. Grandstand weighs in at 1000 pounds with me standing on it so I use WB if turf too soft for that.

10. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

let me know if this helps...raining pretty hard if you look at the ground. Cut height was 4" also. The deck is a Velocity too. This house was for sale and bank owned. Notice the shrubs need trimming, but the bare minimum is what they want.

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7303.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg