best mower/ deck for discharge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cabo91, Mar 6, 2011.

1. hi Im looking form a new mower this year. I have a scag tiger cub with an advantage deck. with a 25 koehler. It works well but I have some properties that I have to double cut because of grass left behind. Does anyone know of a better machine to use?

2. Alekfarmer

Alekfarmer LawnSite Member

Dixie chopper 2744. 27 hp Generac and 3 16" blades. I can honestly cut a ft tall grass at about 5 mph and not leave anything behind it'll just shoot out the side 10 ft :) Generac engines hp rating are what the actually put out unlike most other companies. If your Kohler says 25 hp, its prob putting out 21-22 hp.

3. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag with a Velocity deck then the JD 7Iron.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah, a bagging unit for the Scag. There probably all very similar when cutting grass thats over 4-5 inches tall. Unless you find one that discharges to ten feet away a bagger is the only thing I can think of.

5. Jims Lawncare

Jims Lawncare LawnSite Member

yep, what he said

6. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvrana pz that thing throw grass like crazy 12-15 feet plus. I have cut 4 foot grass and never left a stragler, great cut great ride, great price and great warranty.
    Just an option.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Im with this guy my Choppers blows 2-3 decks wide I never need to bag and if there is clippings when get done go back different angle and mulch it up But not with him on the motor Kohler has more power then the Generac I have both the Generac are easy to dog down

8. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

the best decks out there are the scag velocity, JD 7iron, and maybe the new hustler v4 deck is good but i dunno yet for sure

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

vx4 deck i meant lol

10. Alekfarmer

Alekfarmer LawnSite Member

Dixie choppers have the highest legal blade tip speed, mix that with x-blades, 6 hi-lift blades = launching grass like the space shuttle.