best mower for a newbie????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ENZOFORZA, Dec 20, 2000.

1. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA LawnSite Member

Hi folks, i was wondering what the best mower would be for me to buy. I have a 48" scag walk behing w/ 14 Hp and was looking to set up another trailer/mower/crew. The scag seems to mow + bag ok but i wanted something that could suck up leaves + pineneedles etc. I live on cape cod area and in the fall i have a lot of customers that want the leaves picked up. i have been using blowers to pile them up and the loading them on to trucks with the leaf loader. is this the best way. is there a mower that will pickup/shred/bag leaves/ it seems like it would be so much easier, or is this just wishful thinking??? (the scag seems to just make a mess or the leaves) any ideas from the veterans of this forum would be great. ps this is my first post and I think this website is great!!!!!--jake

2. I have the perfect machine to fit you needs for sale in PA.

It is a 44" toro gear drive with a oem toro 5 bu. bagging kit included ($350 new).

With gator blades on the bottom and hi lifts on the top the is your perfect combo mulching and bagging machine.

This machine has been has been rebuilt by yours truly and runs 100% and is ready to work. New carb and starter ratchet, spring , and rope.

The stamped toro deck will flow a lot better than the scag.

This deck has a baffle installed under the deck (part of the oem bagging kit) the directs the clippings to the rear and packs the bag tight.

If you double cut then bag you should reduce the volume of waste by compaction by at least 5x.

If you mow every 7 days during the leaf drop there will be no need to even bag the leaves.

Price is $1000 firm I will e-mail pics if interested.

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a mower to bag, I have one word, WALKER. You can check them out at www.walkermowers.com You will not be disappointed.
    Good Luck,
    Mowman