best mower for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by florida's lawnboy, Sep 20, 2006.

1. florida's lawnboy

florida's lawnboy LawnSite Member

what would be the best mower for me if most of the yards probaly had fences and were in sub-divisions?also what do you think the best brand is when talking about line trimmers?best brand of push mower?

2. florida's lawnboy

and are the line trimmers that accept attachments any good,i mean are the attachments any good and are curved shaft or straight shaft trimmers better

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go work for someone in the business then you will know in time

4. florida's lawnboy

id rather just start a business up and try to get the better stuff first,thats why i need to know

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go back to what i posted:laugh:

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The best trimmer is a straight shaft. If you want to have attachments get a PAS-260. For a push mower get a toro proline or recycler. If you are starting out get a 36 walk behind and that way you can go through gates. I would suggest a quick 36. They are the best for small properties. If you have a lot of properties get a used z.

7. florida's lawnboy

i have a used walk behind but its not here now and i cant remember what type it is but im gonna get a new mower,probaly a zero-turn
    and thanks for the reply

8. Harvest

Harvest LawnSite Member

i'd get a 36 toro t-bar to start with so you can get through the gates straight shaft trimmers husqvarna and edgers husky also stihl blowers and for that 21" i like an old jd 21" from like 95 with a 5hp kawi # 14SB kawasaki motors are the best for mowers

9. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

First off I have to disagree with John Gamba. Your doing the right thing, just try to learn and learn as much as you can. You dont have to work for someone who pays you 8 bucks an hour when you could be making upwards of 30-40.00 billing a customer per hour. my landscaping teacher kept telling me to work for someone else and get experience, but i said screw that and now im making an upwards of 30000 a year in my Jouior year of high school and I dont think many kids can say that, but I also put almost all my time into the company. I spend very little time with my friends, but in the long run, it will better help me in 2 years out of Highschool. Anyway for a mower go with Exmarks or Scag.
    Hope this helps
    Landscapes Unlimited (PM me with anything else you have to ask)

10. florida's lawnboy

thanks i have all the time i need i dropped out of hs