1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best mower poll

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 10, 2005.

Best Mower

1. Toro

2. Exmark

3. Scag

4. Hustler

5. Other- if so what brand

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you all think is th best all time mower combined with cut quality and price.
  2. progolferjoe72

progolferjoe72 LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper
  3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    HUSTLER SUPER Z........OF COURSE : :cool:
  5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

A machete.

They don't cut quite as good as a regular mower (although they do a fair job once the operator has a little practice) but where they really shine is the price. You can't hardly get a better mower for under $10.

They never bog down in the heavy stuff either and if anything is missed, you can be sure that it is operator error and not the fault of the mower.
  6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally i think toro is one of the best becouse the price and quality of cut and the toughness of the machine are great. And i know that some people say that scags are the thoughess but i would rather have a better cut quility than somethin that is a LITTLE tougher (but not by much) i mean are you runnin these mowers into brick walls all day..........hope not. Toros are pretty tough.
    And if i recall right 3 years warranty on spindles and 2 years warranty on everything else and i like to renew stuff AT THE MOST every 2 years. Really like to about every year.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Best mower? What ever I am using at that moment IMO.
  8. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

obviously scag. They are powerful, built like tanks, easy to you, dependable, and cut excellent. They blow the competition out of the water easily
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Obviously that is all you have ever used.
  10. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

LESCO, for Value and reliability.