1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+Elawnservice, Jul 17, 2002.

1. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

what is the best mower for small area in a 36inch
  2. gwoods

gwoods LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

the walker mower in a 36" will cut down on the amount you have to trim
  3. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

4. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Well....... hold on do not know if they sell a 36" My BAD....
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Exmark Turf Tracer HP gets my vote! :cool:
  6. scagg ultimate walkbehind's have been great for us
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It's unanimous :confused:
  8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. If you simply compare feature for feature of a Hustler 37 hydro WB to any other WB currently made, it outperforms them in every area. Glad to offer any comparison. However, you probably want what's just "popular", so add up the votes and get the one with the most.
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Dealer service after the sale SHOULD determine much of your choice, but it has to be a quality machine too. Exmark and Toro are basically the same machine, and Scag is good too. Gravely, is said to be great, Hustler too. John Deere, don't hear alot about those, but some people dont' like the cut of them, I priced them and compared to the Exmark and Toro, they were high on price, but same quality construction.
    Personal preference has a bit in there too...
  10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I can't really agree with that at all. IMO, if you have to rely on your dealer for "service" you're already in the wrong business. Even if the machine comes from the dealer setup incorrectly, you should be able change it and correct it.
    With so many mail-order houses, if your dealer isn't on the ball with parts you can find them very quick on the Net. Furthermore, if I have a problem, I usually go right the manufacturer and they either help me or give the name of a distributor for help.
    What I'm trying to say is, IMO, a good landscaper should be able to maintain and fix his own equipment unless something really horrendous happens. However, I doubt that is the case. In any event service per say, is the least thing that would help me decide on a mower. Finally, that's why I have two WB's, just in case one has a problem. I also have two weed whackers, two pole trimmers and two snow blowers, too. I'd go broke paying my dealer $50/hour to fix my machine, anyway.:D