best mowers for conditions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingandmore, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Mowingandmore

Mowingandmore LawnSite Member

Hey all, I an thinking of getting some new equipment this year I currently have around 50 acounts and most of them are 2 acers or more. I am interested in a zero turn and a walk behind that can mow in wet grass with out making a real mess I am tired of having to bag all the lawns in the am before the dew burns off. currently have a toro z 52" 19hp and exmark turf tracer hp 48" 15 hp and the exmark does a little better than the toro when wet. Also would be good to cut in rainy weather. also the toro get loade up with grass under the deck real quick and kills the quality of cut , any info will be a geat help.

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Don't know if this helps much but for the last 5 years I have had all TORO. B/f that JD and Kubota. I am in need of a new mower. I tried a SCAG - nice mower - but just didn't sell me. I tried a SNAPPER - great cut but same story. Tried a new KUBOTA - didn't really like it. Tried a new JD - rated about the same as the KUBOTA (would chosse KUBOTA) Tried a Gravely - nice mower - tied with SCAG. Tried a new EXMARK - liked it but was like a TORO - Tried a new TORO - like an EXMARK. Wanted to try a FERRIS but dealer is 2 hours drive - to far. So short story - looking at getting another TORO! All these units were in the 52 inch deck range with a 19 - 25 hp engines. All being Kohler or Kawa. I like the kawa for performance and I have never had a thing go wrong with them. Although the KOHLER seemed to run quiter.