Best Mulching Mower for 419 Bermuda

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Az Gardener, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure this has been beat to death but after 10 min dealing with the search feature and finding nothing I surrender and move on to plan B. I'm sure my mowing brethren will quickly link me to something worthwhile. And as quickly chastise me for not using the search feature.

I'm seriously considering changing my business model and running a mow crew separate from my typical gardeners. Most of our lawns are 5-k to 25-K manicured 419 so I use Walkers and reel mowers now but bag everything. I hope the technology has come far enough to allow me to mulch these premium lawns. Right now I haul a lot of grass to the dump.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've long been a fan and user of exmark's micro mulch kits. Demo one if the dealer will do it, you will be impressed.

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

You will be amazed at your productivity increase as well. I love walkers for bagging grass, mulch kit from exmark for cutting normally and the exmark ultravac for leave collection (deeper deck, better vacuum than the walker, I've owned 2)

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

What height are you cutting at?
    The problem with mulching 419 is the clippings just sit on top and won't fall into the turf, I have used the new Walker mulching deck but you need to double cut it, the 2nd cut you would need to lift the deck and let it blow the clipping around. Good luck