1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

best OCDC???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by happy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. happy

happy LawnSite Member

Was wanting feedback on the best brand of operator controlled discharge chutes. You know the things that go on the discharge side to keep grass from flyin into the beds. I have seen "Saftey Vulchers", "OCD", and the brand that exmark sells. They will be going on a 36" hydro walk behind, 52"ZTR, and a 60" ZTR. Anybody that has one... what brand do you have, what do you not like about it, and what do you like about it?
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

I really like my power chute from www.powerchutedesign.com. It is simple to install and works really well. It is powered and goes up or down by the push of a pedal or a toggle switch. Really saves time when getting close to flower beds pr curbs. They make them for literally just about every mower, WB or ZTR.

3. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

The best is operating your mower where the clippings blow the other way...

Just another expensive gadget that you don't need

4. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

You sound as if your lacking experience. An OCDC is verry helpful.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

yeah if your not bagging.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have the advanced chute system.....Ive had them for 3-4 years and they work as good as the day I bought them.....on the walkbehind you are going to need something a lil different.....someone makes a unit for them but I cant remember who

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i just switched our ACS from our ferris rider onto our scag pro-v it mounted just fine. I just need to make a new handle that can slip on over the old handle to bring it a lil closer to the operator.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have two Power Chutes, the best that I have used yet. I've built several of my own and have a ACS laying in my garage. The ACS is too universal, handle breaks off constantly and is very hard to use on a JD ztr.

9. zeroturner

zeroturner LawnSite Member

I have used Qwikchutes on my mowers for about 7 years now with no problems whatsoever. It is the first thing I put on a new mower when I get one. I would not want to operate a ZTR without an OCDC.

10. happy

happy LawnSite Member

to the top...