Best of the Best ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rivervalleylawns, Feb 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rivervalleylawns

Rivervalleylawns LawnSite Member

Ok moving from phoenix to oklahoma, i notice a big difference in ztrs out here. In phoenix I had the exmark 52 and now that just looks like crap out here. Anyways im looking at the John Deere Z520A 60 in deck for most of my commercials and larger residentials. What would you guys recommend for a ztr for my smaller properties. This Z520A is huge. Thanks for all the help.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

You might want to hold off on the deere, they are having a LOT of problems with the new ones. The tech at the dealer here told me they are coming back by the droves and are having lots of problems with them and is taking months to get the parts also. Exmark, Toro, scag are all good mowers to name a few. Nothing leaves the quality cut of an exmark. However, you will get a bunch of different opinions on here. Most important thing is dealer support, no matter what brand it is.

3. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I use Wright mowers. If there is a dealer that carries Wright, you may want to demo there line of ZTR's and see if you like them.

4. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

I will back up good mowers even if I don't sell them. But I can't stand a Deere. Overrated overpriced, and under engineered. See a local Hustler Dealer.

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Demo a 52" Wright Stander.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

See a local hustler dealer for what reason? So he can buy an over priced mower that doesnt leave a nice cut like the 7 Iron does? Hustler is a joke in my mind. There have been way to many posts on here with cut quality issues and hydro issues etc etc from hustler owners. I agree the NEW deere mowers are junk but the 7 Iron deck is second to none and MILES better than hustlers decks.

7. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I must say out of all the ZTR's I have owned the original John Deere 7-Iron deck was the best deck we have ever owned. Depending on the market I think John Deere has came down on their prices. In my 10 years commercial mowing I have done all my repairs, and so I find the need for good dealer support low on my list. Then again I hold a low respect for most ZTR dealers anyway their all out to screw you. Dealers tend to not like a well engineered ZTR you can fix yourself???? if need be.

8. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

ProstreetCamaro;I hadn't seen any postings from you for a while, just wondering if you've been gone or just taking a sabatical LOA:waving:

9. MidwestLawnService

MidwestLawnService LawnSite Member

what about toro?? i have all toro and wont have anything else

10. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Key words in your mind. There are forums up here about every mower bad and good. Keep these kinds of statements to yourself. I don't like Gravely but I'm not talking smack about them.:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: