Best of the Best ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rivervalleylawns, Feb 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah I was thinking the same, have you been on BITOG:dizzy:

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

HAHA nah in the off season I dont bother to visit this site to much. Later winter through the middle of summer is when I am most active on here.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I will bad mouth hustler all I want. Till they design a better deck that cuts northern grass well they are useless to me. 24 years in this business and I have seen a grand tottal of 1 hustler on a trailer in our area. We have a hustler dealer 2 miles from us and I laughed in his face last spring when he quoted me prices.

Whats not to like about gravely? They are built like tanks and they cut good in all conditions. We have owned mowers from just about every big brand and we always return to gravely.

4. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Price? Hustler makes one of the Cheapest Commercial mowers out there. But I assume he would say Gravely makes the cheapest and best mower. If that were the case how come they aren't number 1 in nation wide sales?:laugh: I guess a company like Toro and Exmark(who is number 1 in sales) doesn't know what their doing.:dizzy:

The last time I checked their fastest growing competition was Hustler, especially with Hustler now producing Golf Course Equipment. So they must be doing something right.:weightlifter:

Nothing makes me madder than someone voicing there opinion as if it were FACT!!!

I believe Hustler, Toro, Exmark, Gravely and Scag all make good mowers. But when were spending $6,000-12,000 dollars we want the best. That's why we compare.

5. nosparkplugs

Good to have you back:waving:

6. nosparkplugs

Sorry, Ron Bad Boy got everyone beat on price & quality, Frankly I was not impressed with Hustler Super Z, when I drove up with the big AOS diesel the dealer was like WOW:dizzy:, and had to finally gave the Bad Boy praise. See most dealers are seeing the Tractor Supply BB pup out their; which is no different that Hustler selling their low end ZTR's at Sam's

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  7. RonAyersMotorsports

I bet with using Briggs Engines and less deck and frame quality. Not to mention much smaller Pumps. But for the money I will agree they are good mowers. But not to be compared with the big market names.

As for ProStreetCamaro check out the NEW XR-7 decks. 6" deep not to mention overkill construction. As for your local dealer maybe he's trying to get full retail. Down in the south we know better. Retail is a fantasy. It's like thinking I'm going to bring home my gross paycheck.

8. nosparkplugs

BB has the widest selection of engines & engine brands, liquid cooling, air cooled, diesel. In the past ZTR companies hog tie you with limited power options

The BB frame is the strongest in the industry period, deck too at 3/4" thick deck thicker than Scag or 7-Iron. At least do some more research on the enemy:laugh:

I also can call BB directly for any parts or questions no middle man(dealer), and free shipping to my shop. That is unheard of in this industry, directly dealing with the Company or a BB engineers, and they answer their phones:clapping: I also have two local BB dealers within driving range, but I have no need for them. I love the underdog, or the new top of the food chain mower:laugh:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  9. RonAyersMotorsports

Bad boys are only that thick on the front side and an XR-7 deck kills that in thickness. Maybe you should do some research. And they also over a wide variety of engines Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda, and Shibaura diesel. Not to mention air cooled, liquid cooled, and fuel injected options. Trust me I research all my competition.

But Nosparkplugs I'm going to stop this. Because you don't know when. There's no winning with you. You think you right about everything and its expected from you. I will say some things you are right about, but most are just opinions. And opinions are like arse wholes everyone has one and some are just bigger than others.

10. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member