Best oil in redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schrock Lawns, Nov 14, 2012.

1. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

What does that have to do with this thread? Did I say anything about the law????

2. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

Are you saying that you run the Saber Pro? The Saber was designed to be used at 100:1 but of course it can be mixed to your specific needs and wants. Anything that burns clean and provides the protection that is needed in our field is a plus
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's probably true, but I know Stihl has refused to honor warranty claims based on not using their oil. I'm not saying it's right, but the dealer told me so himself.

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Yes I use Saber mixed 80:1. I've used it for close to 14 years.

5. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

Easy one, JASO FD and ISO-L-EGD CHECK for the JASO FD cert number because many companies lie. Just go to Home Depot and grab the ECHO FD oil until your dealer gets some of that RED ARMOR OIL in stock

6. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer is a materials company owned by a tree farm that's owned by the biggest lawn/landscape company in my area there just a dealt so they can get their equip cheeper when you figure you have over 600-700 redmax handhelds dealer markup would add up they can order it they just don't carry almost anything in stock
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

I ordered the Dolmar synthetic and RED Armor OIL extra Air/fuel Filters from the same the same vendor on AMAZON last night. Shipping was only $5.95 for the whole order!, I thought I would try both oils in my new Dolmar trimmer before I decide what to stay with.

8. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Howmuch did the oil cost you? Is it cheeper then a dealer? I get 10%off at my dealer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Evolution IX

Evolution IX LawnSite Member

I use AMSOIL Oil.

[​IMG]

10. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member