best one yet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brendan Smith, May 11, 2006.

1. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

went to a house to collect a check last night and heard the greatest story yet. little girl answers the door, i ask her if her mom is home, need to talk to her (history of erratic payment, always got it in the end, but delayed a few times). anyway, she tells me to hold on and closes the door. keep in mind this kid is about 6 years old. i hear her yell "mom, the lawn man is here for you". a few minutes later, she comes to the door again and says "my mom said she's not home right now." i couldn't help but crack up laughing. so i said "ok, tell her i cant cut the grass anymore until i talk to her" and went on my way. won't be going there anymore except for one more attempt to collect. gotta love it "my mom said she's not here..." still smile when i think of it. getting your kid to lie for you is pretty low, but that's so low it's funny. even funnier is that it is a fairly high-end house, but they are total hicks. i guess i should be mad, and i am irritated, but thinking of that kid is still funny.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: :laugh: People seize to amaze me. Now she is teaching her daughter good habits, how to lie and cheat people. *&*&** deadbeats!

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Wow!!! That's just to funny!!! I started to comment, but, just couldnt do it.