best option to start fertalizing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hazmat, Jan 29, 2003.

1. hazmat

hazmat LawnSite Member

I have never really bid on any fertalizing jobs. I just usually charge per hour and cost for material. Any recommendations?
    Also what is my best method to approach a 4 step fertalizing process or have soil tests done. Does anyone know about Ohio and having a license yes or no. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am new to this site and have been trying to review back articles but thought might be easier to try this. Thanks

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

use the following words and you will find
    license - 1,083 posts
    Ohio - 678 posts
    fertilizer Ohio - 22 posts

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

here is the liscensing application that you MUST have:

Attached Files:

4. MacLawnCo

and if you are going to do any work at all, you must tax it, which you need to apply for a serivce vendors liscense:

Attached Files:

5. MacLawnCo

If you want any other business type applications for OH, i have most of them and would be glad to post for you. Good luck.

Back to the original post, figure your material cost per so many SF, and then add your time to that figure to get your app cost per so many SF. Some(most) guys also add a stop fee to smaller accounts.

6. hazmat

hazmat LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help maclawnco. I will check it out. Do you know much about lesco fertilizers??

7. MacLawnCo

nope, but i know that your local lesco would be glad to draw up a program for you.