1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best overseeder for small tractor?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Bob Q, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Bob Q

Bob Q LawnSite Member
    from Conn

2. Bob Q

Bob Q LawnSite Member
    from Conn

Hey guys? Any coments at all?

Thanks Bob

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I saw a guy using a pto driven on behind a large compact tractor the other day, it appeared to be in the 48-60" range. He made some good time with in the larger sections of the lawn, he also had a guy with lesco renovator doing the small areas. I didn't catch a name on it unfortunately, it was not what you linked though.

4. Bob Q

Bob Q LawnSite Member
    from Conn

Thanks for the reply! I have been unable to decide what to get, the woods looks good! But I have time.

Thanks Bob

5. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I use a 6' core aerator and a walk behind spreader. That woods machine looks great. I think that a core aerator would penetrate a little deeper but I'm not sure if it would be better or not. The overseeder rollers can be tilted causing it to really 'tear' the ground making a good seed bed. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get the woods. JMO.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

That woods machine is the way to go. From what i have seen their equipment is built like battleships. I own a woods pl 60 aerator ( 3 pt.) it will last forever, built high, high quality! If you go for the reno. post her'e, i would like to know what that machine cost. Scott

7. How about an aera-vator from first products, they also have a seed a vator

www.1stproducts.com

8. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

What does one of the those woods seeders run? I looked into a pulverizer they ran about $1100 for a 5', is that resonable, and do they make for a good seed bed on a new lawn?

9. when installing a lawn, I use the pulverizor to prep, apply fert and seed, use aera-vator to reduce compaction and make great seed to soil contact, and then apply cellusose and wood fiber muclh