Best Pansy Combos

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sasquatch52, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Sasquatch52

Sasquatch52 LawnSite Member

Just wondering what you guys think some good eye catching color combinations are for pansies. I have a real long, curvy bed which is about 2 feet wide and about 100 feet long. Its at a very expensive payup neighborhood entrance which also gets tons of vehicle traffice off the street each day.

Pics, would be really great. :blob3:

Thanks

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Alot of pansies have two colors in them, try to match those colors like yellow/blue with blue/purple or blue/dark blue. purlpes, blues, white and yellow are our main choices around here.

3. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

Clear solids are better for eyecatching combos. Try to not use blotched (2 color) face pansies in your combination. The colors will appear muted and muddy.

4. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Thought the thread said "Best Panty Combo's" ....So I clicked on right away. Damn!!!!

5. Sasquatch52

Sasquatch52 LawnSite Member

No.....Sorry!:cool2:

6. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

I like contrast. Blue with orange, yellow with purple etc. It grabs your eyes and holds them there. With larger plants, I'll use compatable colours but not low bedding plants.

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

solid yellow.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Because the area is so long.You could start with a swath of white and pinks..then a swath of purples,blues and blacks,white and pinks again then reds,yellows and orange then, repeat,repeat,repeat
    These are short lived and will die when the snow sets.

9. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Actually,depending on which part of Tennessee he lives in,they'll last until next summer.Here,pansies look great during the fall,get a bit stunted in the winter,but come back great when the weather warms in spring.They look fine until the hot part of summertime.

10. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

Have you ever used Viola's? They may have small flowers but there are tons of them and make a huge impact. We have used the Sorbet variety and they are awesome. An example would be S. Blueberry Cream and Yellow Delight...maybe throw in some S. Coconut (white). Also we used some Panola's last year with good success. They are a Pansy/viola cross. On second thought for a bigger impact nix the blueberry cream. Blues tend to disappear depending on where they are...like in front of a bed and not by themselves. Maybe use S. Orange Delight. But if you use the blue I know I would like it...Me being a Auburn fan and all.