Best Phone For A LCO

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jsullivanlw, Sep 6, 2008.

1. jsullivanlw

jsullivanlw LawnSite Member
    from FL

Iphone? Blackberry? Palm? Is there anything that can link with quickbooks from the field?

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Bro, I got the low rent Metro Pcs service, the package i bought came w/ 2 phones w/cameras & unlimited everything including Internet for less then $100.00 a month. The service is in the business name and shows up on caller id's as Lawn Sharks.. It works and it's cheap!

3. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

I get the cheapest phone I can get to meet my needs as I go through them every 6 month's or so. Between blowing, answering the phone while hands are covered in mud and the dirt that accumulates in my pocket's, they get trashed! I go through credit cards really fast as well as the dust get's in my wallet relly bad and wears the magnetic strip off the back.

4. jsullivanlw

from FL

HA Im working with metro right now too and love em. I even have a few shares of stock in metro but I want a phone that can get me to the estimates faster. Google maps or gps navigation. And also sync to my pc

5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up an iphone yesterday. I like the visual voicemail. You can pick which voicemail you want to listen to without going through them all.

6. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

i got the lg casio gz one. its great. cant kill it, and waterproof

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have sprint/nextel. I had t-mobile but had to many issues with poor service. I have the Motorola i-510. Its not fancy by any means but it takes a beating. It's been dropped, run over by the truck a few times and all that and is still doing ok. Its a little over 15 monthes old. It will be replaced soon but I got my use out of it.
    The previous phones I had from t-mobile would hardly last 8-10 monthes. I don't abuse the phone but its on my belt and stuff happens. Thats one reason I switched to nextel was due to the heavier duty phones. Plus, the walkie talkie is great IMO.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we have sprint nextel 3 phones....i dont mind but my brother cant stand them and wants a blackberry (not from sprint) or the iphone

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I just want something that I can check email from.

10. jsullivanlw

from FL

Yea I looked at the iphone and I wanted to hate it but it kinda lives up to the hype.