Best Picture For Advertising?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DSLND, Sep 26, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of pictures do you guys use/recommend in your advertising. For next year, i am doing more door hangers, but want some kind of picture. This past season i just a picture of a property, we maintiain and the stripes. It was alright, but i'd like to get a picture maybe of me trimming bushes, mowing, or maybe even a fleet picture.

What do you guys recommend? I was leaning towards the picture of me working, being i will have my company apparel on and i think thats pretty neat. What do you guys recommend?

-Mitch-

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mitch what about a logo or something. That way you can have it on file to print on what ever.

3. DSLND

I would do a logo, but i want to run out of business cards first. I still have about six hundred cards left, so i will start working on a logo once i start getting low on cards.

But right now at the top i have

Company Name
    Residential & Commercial
    Clip Art Photo (used as my logo)

Blank space for picture

Slogan

FREE ESTIMATES!

Phone #

City/State.

-Mitch-

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would do a picture of one of your nicest properties... the clients want to look at the ad and picture that being there yard.... at least that is what my advertising consultant said. You most likely do not want to use a picture of yourself... b/c you are young. That could turn some people away. And you definately don't want to do a fleet picture unless you actually have a fleet(10 nprs) and they all have a common color or wrap etc...

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

RESEARCH REASEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH.......

As you know door hangers are quite expensive......

I run radio ads there 20.00 a spot at peek......

it cost me about 200.00 a month, the customers have killed me....

I only ran them once... I pulled all my other advertising and have totaly stopped all ad's now.....

do your research in your area and see what's best for you

Good luck

6. DSLND

In the picture, they wouldn't be able to tell i was young. First of all, most people i meet think i'm twenty one or twenty due to my maturity. But with my sun glasses, and ear phones, they wouldn't be able to tell. -Mitch-

7. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

bohiaa, could you give some more details on the results of your radio add. Calls per add per month ect..

8. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

Mitch, I'm in the same boat. I'm nineteen and my customers are always offering me a cold one.
    But as far as the add goes, if you can get a professional photographer you could make a pretty nice add with your picture in it. Just don't have Billy from down the yonder snap a couple shots with the disposable.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This will stir some things up, but this really works.

1. Your logo should take up the least space. People buy products and services...not companies.

2. Make the headline an offer like "Free Paver Patio" *professional installation required or something.

3. Don't offer Free Estimates in print. You may offer them, but you want a way out of fuel overhead on "tire-kickers" so don't tell EVERYONE you give free estimates.

4. Express real value with your promo: 10% means nothing to a customer so saving 10% means the same NOTHING! Now $500.00 means something, a free cruise means something, etc.

5. Repeat mailing: Use the same list of addresses all season (approx. 5000) good addresses will do. Send them mailings every 2-4 weeks.

Now get creative for the rest. If you want anymore advertising advise please PM me. That would be my strong suit. Good Luck with your campaign!!!