Best place on-line to buy Exmark parts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Jan 11, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Thanks,

BAMARED

2. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

why buy online?

3. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Because I figured it would be cheaper than the local dealer - especially on the small stuff like filters, etc... Right?

Thanks,

BAMARED

4. Strawbridge Lawn0

Strawbridge Lawn0 LawnSite Member

And then there is this thing called Postage and handling.. This typically makes anything purchased online about the same as at a dealer. Not always, but lots of times

5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If you use non OEM parts like oil and air filters it could void your warranty

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I buy about 90% of my stuff on-line, including all filters for mowers/trucks There wix so I think there good quality, and free shipping on 6 or more filters. I do alot of buying at J.Thomas, heres another ex, might not apply on all parts though== Front castor yoke-local dealer 45.00, J. Thomas price 19.50, Don't know if same qualty, but would take a chance on it, for the first time. I get parts from thomas in 1 day, I probably will not use the filters they sell, I'm happy with wix, plus I pay about the same for 1 wix, I would have to buy (36 filters) of thomas's for same price. I just got there catalog today and was comparing prices, I think all parts listed for my mower are cheaper thru Thomas. Belts blades etc.

7. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

8. J&R

9. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

So then what you are saying is that if I purchase a new Ford truck and do not use Motorcraft oil and/or air filters, and have need for the warranty, it will be null and void? If this is what you are saying, you are in error. I'm not trying to start anything, and will not reply to this thread anymore about this topic. However I will suggest you contact you're local Consumer Fraud Department if you have a issue as stated above. There are Federal mandated law pertaining to what you are stating as fact.

10. J&R

KDJ what i'm saying on lawn mower engines not autos i have tryed to warranty Briggs and others They will turn down every time