Best Place To Advertise

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LandscapemanFL, Jan 26, 2008.

1. LandscapemanFL

LandscapemanFL LawnSite Member

I was wondering what works best for everyone on advertisement. News paper, flyer's etc.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Side of the truck,Back of the trailer.

3. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I agree. I have spent alot of money on advertising in yellow pages, newspaper and various coupon books. None worked well for me. Referrals and the trailer have worked the best.

4. MMEC

MMEC LawnSite Member
    from East

In front of a potential customer that is in the market for your services. lol If there was a prominate way of advertising for companies in the Green Industry then it would be the only way of advertising that we would know of. For me: the best way of paid advertising would be direct mail.

5. pl1985

pl1985 LawnSite Member

I have had good success with flyers in very high volumes. I have also heard numerous times that ads in local newspapers (for one town or a group of towns), and town and church bulletins get great results for your money and are much more effective dollar for dollar than ads in papers that cover a broad area or the yellow pages.

6. LandscapemanFL

LandscapemanFL LawnSite Member

Appreciate all the advice. I already have the truck and trailer nailed down. I guess I'll try the flyers, maybe the paper.

7. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Do you have a small local paper you can use? If you use the major paper and it covers thousands of homes over a 50 mile area then you will have a very scattered route. Flyers always work good because you can target certain areas. Make sure to do repeat distributions in the areas you plan to target when doing flyers.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Put them on a Cute Girls Butt:cool2: You have alot of them in Florida:cool2:

9. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

The local paper worked great w/me. We have a small localized newspaper for the suburb I live in. It's cheaper, you reach the people you want, and I think you get better return.

I have had good luck with a nice looking direct mailed post card. People hold on to the nice ones!

10. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

With our phone company, since we are already a customer we are allowed a free, one-liner in the yellow pages.

You can't beat that with a stick. It's not costing me any extra and everyone looks at the yellow pages.

WARNING: They will try to SELL you a bigger ad before they mention that the one-liner is already yours for the taking.