1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy engine replacement for Lazer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eXme, Apr 10, 2008.

1. eXme

eXme LawnSite Member

I have been out of the biz for a few years and am back in to some degree this year and was looking through a 2006 JThomas catalog for an Exmark Lazer 60' replacement engine and would like to know if any of you have bought engines through JThomas or could recommend alternatives. I have a small engine shop nearby that is a Kohler certified dealer that I am going to check with once I find out exactly what engine I need. Any suggestions would be appreciated
  2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Northern Tool has kohler engines for the Lazer Z.
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've had good luck with Tulsa engines, http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/ I buy online and the motors ship straight from the factory. I've bought 2 Kohlers and a Briggs Intek.

Stay away from Small engine warehouse, (formerly Roy Padgett sales) they sell beat up old motors, they try to clean them up and sell them for new. I thought I'd gotten a great deal on a Kohler, when it came I about died. It was a used 19 yr old motor with a broken governor and it was shipped in a duct taped produce box.:hammerhead: When I called to complain and get my money back Roy himself said that he didn't see anything wrong with selling old motors, so long as they hadn't actually been used, (mine had been used to death):dizzy:
  4. eXme

eXme LawnSite Member

They look like a good alternative, Thanks!
  5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I just ordered a new motor for my aerator from them yesterday. Plus, it was already on its way to me before the day was out! And the price was pretty sweet.