best place to buy landscape fabric

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GarPA, Oct 3, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Need to buy many rolls of fabric b4 stone goes down. I have never had to buy allot of this stuff at one time so I'd always go to Lowes and get a couple rolls when needed. I forget what it cost but I seem to remember it was rather pricey given what it was. Any recommendations on what product to use, where to buy and a rough idea what this stuff costs? I did a search and some guys mentioned Lesco having it but if their price is about the same as Lowes I'll go there...my Lesco is a pain to drive to...thanks much

2. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

wish i new the answer to this question too... i do know that if you are buying in bulk or high quanities you can get a "better" price at lowes (you will get the price at the contractors desk)i bought some landscape wall block from them a couple of months ago, there ad price was a 1.80 a block i told the guy i needed 2000 of them and they got the price down to 1.27 a block. a substantial savings....

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

just got 3x300 roll from Lowes for $60. It is Dupont.. I know Lowes...but I was in a pinch..

jf

5. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

A.M.Leonard
    www.amleo.com

I have been buying most of my supplies from the for three years now, place a order on line sunday nights sitting here at my place on tuesday. Good survice.

Woven Landscape Fabric
    4ft x 250 ft $ 88.79 6 plus rolls is $ 83.07 plus shipping

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Lowe's or Home Depot.

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Lesco gave me a price of $57 yesterday for 4 x 150 ft...thats not a very good price considering we supposedly get a 'discount' there as 'green people'. And they wonder why they aren't doing the business they think they should ...every time I check a price there on anything but seed and fert, their prices stink...if any Lesco people read these posts I wish you guys would get on the stick...it would save some of us extra shopping trips if you would get competitive with your other product prices.

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy alot from AM Leonard too, but found that Fabriscape had better pricing and same shipping policies.

9. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

10. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Given the prices you all are posting, I am sticking with Lowes. No S/H and I can get it when I need it and not have to "stock" it. This stuff carries a manufactuer 25yr guarantee (for what that is worth)... envisioning me ripping this weed barrier out and putting it in a box with weeds growing through the fabic to get my money back..:dizzy: