1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best place to get fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you guys consider to be the best place to get fertilizer? I'm really doubting anyone goes to wal-mart and buys a $35 bag of Scotts. What kind of spreaders do you guys use also? What kind of sprayers and chemicals do you use also? I'm just trying to find out as much as possible about spraying and fertiziling. Do you use chemical or grainular fertilizer. I'm really lost on the whole subject. Thanks for any help in advance.
  2. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Coop has good stuff
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

at 16 do you have a license for fertilizer, no you do not, do not do this the fine can be 10,000 dollars for spreading without a licence, this is scrub thinking, either sub it out to a licenced contractor, or dont take the job, and dont think no one will turn you in, lots of competition in your area and a licenced lco could turn you in , not hard to find , easy to get you personal info online