Best place to get replacement blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ty Webb, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb LawnSite Member

I have searched up and down the threads and have not found quite what I am looking for. I am searching for a great place to buy replacement blades for my 737 John Deere 60" 7 Iron. I sharpen all the time and go through them pretty fast. I use up/replace two sets per year. I would like to find a good distributor online. Any help is appreciated

I am also looking for suggestions on blades that hold an edge longer than OEM.

Thanks!

Ty

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Try a sponsor The MEG MO blades

3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Watch some of those cheap blades, they bend very easy. The ones I get from my dealer hold up alot better.

4. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Agreed. If Oregon makes them, I get them from Travis.

6. E & J Pro Turf

E & J Pro Turf LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Look for the Oregon fusion blades. I think the part numbers start with a #4 on all the fusion blades from Oregon.

They have carbon fiber on the back side of them. Can't go wrong.

7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a great buying experience and got a great price on blades from Texas Mower Parts.

8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Thanks for the info.!!!!!I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them-I live In Ga. There prices are less than I payed several yrs. ago. :clapping::clapping:

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have tried aftermarket blades from alot of Mfgs and none compare to the factory Deere Hi Lifts other brands than deere yes but the deere i had no good results

10. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Several yrs ago I used to buy blades from my dealer for my Exmark and they were $20/blade. I started mail ordering and they sent me the exact......same blade for less than $10. I never bought from the dealer again. I sharpen a lot and go through blades quickly, so top quality isn't as important to me with rough cut.