Best place to look for used equipment online

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by liquidforcedude7, Apr 15, 2006.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Hey guys I know theres got to be major website I cant find. Like I knew a huge lawn care forum like lawn site had to exist, I just couldnt find it for a while. Im not real comfortable with machines from ebay just because its ebay...and my newspaper has had maybe one commercial piece of equipment in the last 6 months that ive been looking. Is there an online site thats good for used equipment? My dad has finally accepted that my tractor is more costly than its worth and ill be stepping up after this summer and wanted to start looking at prices of used machines....

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

start doing a search of all of the dealers in you area, then look to see if they have websites, if not, call them up and see what they've got, one important thing, get a machine that can be serviced at your dealer of choice. i am very dealer faithful, they give me a discount because i am a student.

3. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Yea ive got a toro dealer like 3 mintues from my house but the guy is a complete ***. He would be like this is our under 18 buyers price and its like double normal lol. He treats you like **** if you dont come pull up in a nice big trucked loaded down with 30k of stuff hes sold you. But we have a dixie and another toro dealer like 45 mintues away and then thats all I know of around here, never seen a scag exmark or gravely dealer. do dealers carry fairly priced used equipment?

4. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I use bargaintrader.com

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

6. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Depending upon what you are looking for, www.countryclublandscaping.com is a good place to look.
    Jim Mullins is the owner and he brokers used commercial turf equipment all of the time - however, not much rotary stuff.

8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Well, disregard my last post - I just checked the website and it is a different site from last I visited.
    I would do a search for used turf eguipment on line - alter the search engine and you should have multiple options.
    Depending on where you are, I always have used equipment availalbe.

9. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

junktank.com has some good stuff sometimes,