Best place to order Gravely OEM parts?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by MGH-PA, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MGH-PA

MGH-PA LawnSite Member

Alright, obviously the normal response to this question is my "local" dealer, but I don't have a dealer within 40 or so miles. I'm perfectly capable of doing my own work, but I have no idea where my best bet is in ordering replacement parts.

Little background:

I purchased a used 2005 Gravely 148z this winter, and with mowing season starting to creep up, I'm getting ready to do some seasonal prep maintenance. I'm planning to replace the inner/outer filter element, the new oil filter/oil change, replace the fuel filter, and install a new discharge chute.

Now, I have all of the part numbers, and I've found a few OEM retailers online, and their prices are a littler different, but not by much. Am I better off going straight to Gravely (can I even do this?), or calling my "local" dealer, or just ordering online from a vendor?

As a side note for the Gravely guys here, the parts list for my mower only lists the metal discharge chute that came on it, but I know there is a rubber one on later models. Does anyone know if I could order a rubber cover for another later model to get this to work?

Thanks.

2. MCVH04

MCVH04 LawnSite Member

Sorry to bring the bad news, but the only place you can get genuine Gravely parts is through your local dealer.