Best places to find financing for your business start up?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnsbybrown, Apr 22, 2008.

1. lawnsbybrown

lawnsbybrown LawnSite Member
    from Maine

So I have my whole business plan down from a-z but im at a cross road as far as financing goes has anyone here dealt alot with the SBA or FAME im looking for some good low interest start up money and any suggestions would be great! Thanks

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Save your money first. Pay CASH. Then let your business upgrade as you grow. Unless you get some 50K Commercial Account off the bat!
  3. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

Couldnt agree more, go Dave Ramsey on your business, make it earn the money!
  4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

the best advice given. This advice needs to be taken seriously.
  5. lawnsbybrown

from Maine

thanks for the advice guys, its deffinitely what I was thinking but im sure you all know well enough how it feels to just want to get started and mow some damn grass already!

VT MOWER LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I'm getting started this year too man and paying CASH for everything. No worries about payments is great! :cool2:
  7. lawnsbybrown

from Maine

yea thats always good. as far as starting this year I think ill be puting it off till this winter and do snow removal all winter (huuuuuge market for snow removal up here in maine yesah bub) and ill be able to save enough money to buy all my equipment cash so I can get at it without having payments to worry about.
  8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

To SBA a small business has 50 employees as opposed to a big business like IBM. If anyone wants to get the gob'mint involved things are going to move so slow the dead lice are falling out of their hair.

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

And your chances of being approved are slim to none no matter what.
  10. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

There is no funding for SBA unless you are disabled or limited minority. pay cash if you can.