1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best possible deal

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Damon, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Damon

Damon LawnSite Member

I have recently purchased a home with about 4 acres. About 1 acre currently has grass. The grass area will likely grow to about 2 acres over the years. It is mostly flat with many trees and other obsticals.

I have labored greatly over what to purchase for maintaining the lawn. After looking at many manufactures, it seems that nothing comes close to the Hustler.

Cash is currently very tight so I'm hoping that the standard FasTrack 17.5/44" will do the job at a retail price of $4699. I understand that Hustler has a dealer rebate running through the end of May. I've seen the posting on dealer discounts with no replies.

What is the best possible price I can expect? I have received a price of approximately $4000. I might not be able to buy at this price till long after the rebate has ended. If I could get it down toward $3500 with tax I might me able to swing it.

Please advise. Thanks!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 17.5 / 44" FasTrak price you have is the lowest priced unit we currently offer.
    When do you think you will be buying a mower ? with steel price increases and such, the pricing is not going to get to much lower.
    We are currently offering some good financing.

3. Damon

Damon LawnSite Member

Thanks for telling me about the financing. Not an option I'm real interested in. I'm also well aware that the FasTrac 17.5/44 is the lowest cost model available. I'm planning to buy as soon as I can afford to buy. The lower the price the sooner I can buy. I know you are not likely to be able to give me the scoop on lowest price.

Everyone Else,

Love to hear from anyone on the lowest price they have seen on the FasTrac 17.5/44. I'm also interested if anyone has a used FasTrac for sale anywhere close to NC.

4. markjenna

markjenna LawnSite Member

I bought a used 1 year old fastrak 20/52 a month ago for $3800 in great shape, This probably doesn't help you but just giving my 2 cents. Just have to find that deal.
  5. Damon

Damon LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. This gives me an idea of what the market is like for used FasTracs. Nice deal. Wish I could find a similar one.

6. parrishfarmer

parrishfarmer LawnSite Member

Where in central florida is a dealer? looking for 19hp 48" cut at decent price, NEW. Immediate purchase. Residential use. What's the warranty and who are authorized repair?

7. trucke

trucke LawnSite Member

There is a used 18/44 2003 Fastrak for sale in the local classified paper for Asheville, NC. They're asking $3,700. You can find it at www.iwanna.com. Just search for Hustler or go to Asheville/General/Lawn & Garden/Lawn & Garden. It's listed on page 4 or 5. It will cost you a buck ($1) to get the telephone number thrugh their website. This might be a road trip for you. If you follow-up and need someone to look at it and snap some pics, just respond through this thread. If it's close to Asheville or Hendersonville I might be able to swing by.
  8. Liberator

Liberator LawnSite Member

There is a place in Smithfield, VA that has a last year model year still new for a good price. They quoted me 3700 this week, but I bought the Fastrack 20/52 instead. I just needed a bigger deck.
  9. Damon

Damon LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for the postings. Keep them coming. It's going to take me a little longer than expected to get together the cash.

10. Damon

Damon LawnSite Member

Hello All,

Just finally purchased a Hustler. My neighbor and I went in together and purchased a Mini FasTrack 42" 17HP. It has been wet but I managed to cut 1/3 of my yard earlier in the week and 1/3 yesterday before it started raining again. Also used it to pull around a cart to load sticks, logs, and bricks that needed to be moved out of the yard.

Oh how I love our Hustler! :cool2: What a great mower. If I had a Full Z or Super Z, I'd be tempted to pull down trees with it.

And we got a great price. Just made the pre-spring sale. Less than $3500 with tax. Why would anyone buy one of those stamped metal mowers at Lowes or Home Depot. I love the Husqvarna brand and have a wonderful large chainsaw (61) that has been going strong for over 10 years. But you couldn't give me the $6500 Husqvarna Z for my Hustler FasTrack.

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I'm sure I'll be back with questions from time to time.

Jordan Lake, NC