Best POWER to PRICE ratio on weed eaters..HELP!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trainerboy, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Let me stress again that the rx100 is prone to breaking shafts and gearboxes under commercial use. If you buy one leave the guard on and don't try to feather the throttle for intricate trimming---we wore out a clutch since my last post in this thread. If you must go with stihl the 90, 110, 130 are better choices---but they are a little heavy. We added a 130 when one of the rx100's went in for the clutch and another shaft and it has good power for the weight.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you want something for nothing that's what you're getting.

Don't know what you guys do to your trimmers, my fs-100rx is finishing up it's 3rd season.

3. trainerboy

trainerboy LawnSite Member

Thank you.
    I have checked out those 4mix models and I'm very impressed. The no ethanol gas thing is a little hard to pull off these days. I have been putting it off for as long as I can. As soon as the next season gets going I will be a proud new owner of one. I will go with a solid shaft model though because I have really been drooling over those attachments.
    Brian

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

trust me youll never find a used fs250r once you get one youll never get rid of it haha