1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best PreM for Landscape Beds?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TScapes, Feb 14, 2006.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyone's opinion as far as the best form of PreM for landscape beds?

Surflan? Snapshot? XL2G? I read something about a new Dow product called Showcase.... anyone use this or familiar with it? We are simply trying to solidify on a pre-m program for some of our commercial props, and would value any input. We have used snapshot, XL2G and surflan, but at various properties and with not enough consistency. Thus we want to get set on at least 2 products and formulate a program based on that.

Also, do you feel liquid over the top is better vs granular?

Thanks in advance for your input!
  2. Fert Guy

Fert Guy LawnSite Member

We sell a granular product with Team and Gallery on fertilizer that we get very good feedback from our customers
  3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a program where I start with snapshot in the early spring, then follow with a mixture of Roundup and Surflan as needed through the year. I think on "soil" the surflan works best (liquid) and in mulch and rocks I feel more confident in the granulars. This is not in any way a "scientific" fact, just my observations. As far as the Showcase product, I don't think it's labeled for beds, but I'm not sure. I had a salesman try to tell me it was Dow's way of selling more Snapshot by changing the name!? But, if you look at the bag, on the front it tells where you can use it and I don't remember seeing landscape beds listed (I haven't studied the label, though). You'd almost have top set a bag of each next to each other and study them (and of course the label) because the bags look identical. Good luck, Marc