Best Price For Scag Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jshank, May 12, 2008.

1. jshank

jshank LawnSite Member

I am looking for a Scag Tiger Cub 48" with kawi engine. Any suggestions on who would have the best price within 500 miles of Baltimore MD.
  2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about your area, but I just purchased mine for $5995.00.
  3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I went out the door 6200 for mine but I got a trash can style bagger so I t cost me like 200 bucks. They have jumped up to 6995 for the 52 inch I saw in the showroom with a kawi yesterday. My mower is a kawi. I would pay for another one at the higher price this year in a heart beat what a great mower.! I am in georgia so I would not be any help to you as far as best price. But personally I would buy it from a reputable dealer in your area.
  4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

500 miles is a long way to travel, probably too far of a limit imo. Stick with a dealer that's close enough for you to go back to them if you need service. Prices dont' seem to vary that much from dealer to dealer within the area serviced by a particularl distributor, prices vary more when you compare dealers in one area to dealers in another.
  5. tras

tras LawnSite Member

Just got rid of one with 1100 hours for $3500, search ebay and local classifieds, thats how i sell most of my old stuff.
  6. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I spoke to a dealer in North Wales, Pa. and they had a 2007 Scag Wildcat 60"/27HP still in the crate for $7,500.00. This is a steal.
  7. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

wow, that dealer must be desperate to get rid of it.