1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best price on Honda mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the best pricing on Honda commercial self-propelled mowers?
    I have done internet searches and I cant come up with much. Most places say to contact local dealer, but they only want to come down 5% off list even when its the middle of winter.

I tried EBAY and their was nothing.

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am not really sure what list is but I pay $1000 to the penny from my dealer! I know that is a lot less than the so called list price. I think it was around $1279 ?
  3. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

try alamia.com
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Alamia has a slug of Honda Mowers but for some reason they won't sell them outside of the state of Colorado.

Not sure what thats all about..
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I offered 1050 to my dealer with mulch kit and several extra blades...... One thing I like about honda blades is that they are the sharpest blades right from factory that I have ever seen.
  6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Take the $1,000 deal. You probably won't get a much better deal than that. I paid more than that for mine from a local dealer, but I want to buy things locally so if something goes wrong with them, the dealer is right there so I can take it to them for the warranty.
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I can get them for about $900-$950. That's the Honda HRC216HXA - hydrostatic. Top of the line. Like Turf Dancer said, they list for $1279. It's taken me years to find a place willing to let them go for that cheap. I recommend calling all Honda Dealerships within a 100 mile radius. The smaller the town - the better the deal.
  8. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

jimlewis- Now thats a deal!

I will try calling within 100 miles like you suggested. You know something is decent when no one wants to come down on the price.