Best price on VTS

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Sep 13, 2008.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am in the market for VTS tracks for my Gehl 5640. My over the tire tracks are not cutting it any more. Don't want to buy a tracked machine because I need wheels for snow removal in the winter.

Just wanted to see what others paid or a source for a good price on a new set.
  2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Neuswede..I have a 5640T, got a used set (almost new) for $8,500. Check ironplanet....sometimes they have them for sale. I called the VTS dealer direct and asked for a used set, after some looking, he found them for me. Ksss, as I recall, got a killer deal on iron planet and paid in the neighborhood of $5k for his.......he always gets killer deals - I gotta follow his lead more often!
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

There's still some frames on, they are listed as Cat fits, but you never know.
  4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Stuvecorp has a pair on his machine that he bought from a dealer on here that has posted some.Then there is also Ebay! They have some listed off and on.Good luck
  5. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of warranty are they offering on their tracks? I have talked to a few guys who have been having early hour track failures especially with the bars ripping out of them.
  6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I think they can be adjusted depending on if they are large or small frame units. Dale of KR (he is KRTraxx I think) finds alot, sometimes people trade or sell but he is a good one to talk to. If you look online and at different dealers you might come across one. Good Luck.
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard that the older tracks get big cracks but last awhile where the newer tracks don't crack but wear faster.
  8. RockSet N' Grade

mine must be older because they are about 300 plus hours on them. I got the extended warranty on my skid in case there are drive train issues and they said even with vts on, warranty is still valid.........knock on wood on that problems yet and I like em alot. When ya get old and ugly like me one of the few things that means anything is walking at the end of the day and comfort.........vts does it over wheels hands down! would i switch back and forth to wheels even if i knew wheels would be better....nope, i wouldn't........tracks is the cats meow!
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Well actually, this is only the first killer deal he has nailed down. The Case "good buys" were just average value, they just aren't worth very much. :laugh: Must I bring out the acronym again?
  10. RockSet N' Grade

The dump truck......about 12k under current market (at least) and the 9020 hoe for 15k under market........that's some serious monthly payment reductions and some real gain in equity.........which is very difficult to do with equipment in general. Big lessons there in survival 101 in owner/operator business or for that matter for any sized business........that is the difference between prosperity/excelling vs. being just your average joe.......regardless of color.