1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

best product for walks and patios

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by rmartin, Jan 13, 2006.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

Just a quick search of what types of material you like, and look best when building a walkway and patio.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

If you mean as in building materials, then I'd say I'm kind of partial to the Uni-Lock products, in particular the Brussels pavers. Really pretty nearly any Uni-Lock product I like, and they are popular materials with many homeowners around here.

3. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

For me it depends on a few different factors...... site, residential?, commercial?, application (primary,secondary, tertiary walk), the type of architecture of the house you're trying to match, is it near a pool/hot tub, will it receive any type of vehicular traffic?, winter snow removal practices, so on and so forth. We use a wide array of materials from irregular bluestone/fieldstone flagging, pavers, dimensional bluestone/granite, belgium block, and I think that may be it other than asphalt that we do as well but who really likes that??? If I had to chose one style that I like the most it would have to be irregular flagging.