Best push broadcast spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by booboy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. booboy

booboy LawnSite Member

I bought a home depot scotts special and it didnt last the day. I want to buy something comercial grade that is affordable. It does not have to be huge. I want it to last a few years at least. Any recommendations. Thanks in advance for your feedback
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would highly recommend Anderson, good quality, durable, and most importantly uniform broadcasts and easily calibrated. They go for around $300 i believe
  3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Shindawia makes a nice one. I have a Scotts that all stainless steel. Haven't see any more like it except maybe on trugreen trucks.
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I've done a search for this before, and the Lesco spreader gets a lot of compliments as well.
  5. AFD

AFD LawnSite Member

Earthway over 5 years old. The main thing is cleaning after using.
  6. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a John Deere dealer near you, go there and you'll see 2 models. One is push behind for a person, the other is pull behind with a tractor of any size. I like the tire size on the push behind. About $300 or so and looks like it'll last a long time and prolly good to spread anything including rockchip in winter.. I'm definitely buying 2 or 3 in the fall just before winter.

The pull behind would be great for parking lots if you have a small tractor, or great for doing fert in summer.

7. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: Earthway products work for me
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Another satisfied Earthway user here!
  9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my earthway, Nice spread pattern( 1/3, 1/3, 1/3) adjustable on both sides and larger hopper than most competitors. Just make sure its stainless and lubricate all parts that move and you'll be right as rain.
  10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

What ever you get make sure it has a stainless steel frame. I have had lesco spreaders last over 20 yrs and still be able to sell them on ebay for over $150!