Best push broadcast spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by booboy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. booboy

booboy LawnSite Member

I bought a home depot scotts special and it didnt last the day. I want to buy something comercial grade that is affordable. It does not have to be huge. I want it to last a few years at least. Any recommendations. Thanks in advance for your feedback

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would highly recommend Anderson, good quality, durable, and most importantly uniform broadcasts and easily calibrated. They go for around $300 i believe

3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Shindawia makes a nice one. I have a Scotts that all stainless steel. Haven't see any more like it except maybe on trugreen trucks.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I've done a search for this before, and the Lesco spreader gets a lot of compliments as well.

5. AFD

AFD LawnSite Member

Earthway over 5 years old. The main thing is cleaning after using.

6. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a John Deere dealer near you, go there and you'll see 2 models. One is push behind for a person, the other is pull behind with a tractor of any size. I like the tire size on the push behind. About $300 or so and looks like it'll last a long time and prolly good to spread anything including rockchip in winter.. I'm definitely buying 2 or 3 in the fall just before winter.

The pull behind would be great for parking lots if you have a small tractor, or great for doing fert in summer.

:)

7. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: Earthway products work for me

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Another satisfied Earthway user here!

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my earthway, Nice spread pattern( 1/3, 1/3, 1/3) adjustable on both sides and larger hopper than most competitors. Just make sure its stainless and lubricate all parts that move and you'll be right as rain.
    -Jay

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

What ever you get make sure it has a stainless steel frame. I have had lesco spreaders last over 20 yrs and still be able to sell them on ebay for over $150!