Best push mower for stingers? mower shaft ? also

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Realslowww, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the best single blade mower for getting stingers and knocking the grass down in one pass if you are pushing it fast? I know it is a stupid ?

Also what kind of set up on the motor these days do they have to keep you from bending the motor shaft if you strick something with the blade.

Thanks for any help.

2. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

More importantly, what are you planning to do? Exmark makes a very powerful 21 inch.

3. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say the Exmark Commercial 21. It leaves a VERY clean cut. Also you have about 5 different blade options for it so it works for most any occasion.

4. Realslowww

I haven't used a 21 in like decades so I am behind the times, don't the new 21's have like a clutch so you will not destroy the motor if you strike something solid ?

I want to use one at like 10 MPH do you think they can cut as good as a Z at that speed?

Thanks for the help.

5. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

The fasted most Commercial 21s will go is 4.2 Miles Per Hour. Some of them have a blade clutch you can use to disengage the blade while the engine and drive system are still on, but that is it. None of them will go 10 MPH, Idk if it is possible for the human body to move that fast either.

Also, I have hit a lot of hard objects with my Kawasaki powered Exmarks. Typically most engine companies make very durable engine shafts for the engines.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

A 10mph push mower?

:confused:

7. Realslowww

I have a job this season where you cannot get a bigger mower on and their are all kinds of cypress roots, It is usually weed eated but I want to lose 40 pounds so I am going to run with a push mower for exercise but the job only gets done every 3 weeks and it is Bahai with stingers.

I need a tough mower for stingers where the motor shaft will not get damaged. It does not need to be self propelled Thanks for all help.

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

3 week bahai, I would just use a trimmer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Realslowww

I don't want to use a trimmer, my XR7 Hustler will knock down fast in one pass. Aren't their any like high wheel mowers designed for this?

10. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You will be sprinting behind it at that speed