1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I am looking to purchase two new push mowers this season. Last year i had purchased a toro personnel pace. This mower lasted the season, but did not stand up to abuse of loading and unloading, curbs, ect. Please help with some suggestions.
  2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Buy some LawnBoys. Ive had the same push mower for 5 years now.
  3. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Thanks for at least one reply! What price range are the lawn boys in?
  4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

the best push mower i have ever owned was a snapper.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Get one with four wheels and a motor - blade - handle - LOL Just kidding. Just get one that has dealer support. (The last statement is serious.)
  6. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

honda hrx.
    2 blades and adjustable mulch/bag option. You can choose to bag any percentage of grass you want.
    and...its a honda.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Get a toro SR4 Super recyler. 5 year warranty and a practically bullet proof deck. JMO
  8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

You can get a basemodel for around 300 I think. I havent bought one in so long I dont remember.
  9. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I second the Lawn-Boy suggestion. Bullet proof decks (at least the older ones) and last forever. Matter of fact I just got a new (to me) Lawn-Boy delivered a few days ago.

10. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but has anyone ever used the Redhawk 22" push mower? A few municipalities around here have them. I was thinking about getting one.:walking: :walking: