Best push mower??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dasservicesinc, Aug 30, 2006.

1. dasservicesinc

dasservicesinc LawnSite Member

What is the best push mower to use on residential accounts. I need one that will last more than a month.

2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

honda is garbage snapper is the way to go i know from experience

4. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

BTW hows the lawn business a year after katrina

5. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i've been using toro personal pace $359 at home depot 22in and works great I like anything with the honda engine 5.5hp my toro say 6.75hp but the honda rocks

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Honda hydro, and Toro proline\Exmark metro 21. Are the two top of the line 21-inch mowers.

The Honda is the best bagger bar none. It is an excellent bagger in dry, as well as in adverse wet and thick conditions . Despite the new twin blade micro cut setup on the redesigned 2005 and later Honda's, Toro is slightly the better mulcher, and with the kawi engine option, has a gallon gas tank.

All in all I come down on the side of the Honda as the best all around 21-inch mower,best bagger, good mulcher, reliable mechanically.

7. mr.we.mow.grass

mr.we.mow.grass LawnSite Member

we use toro prolines with the honda engines on them, we have cut thousands of yards this year using them and them only. we have had to modify somethings on them, but over all they are tuff!

8. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

Have Toro prolines and Honda commercials....have had more problems with hondas, but engines are reliable...Toros are heavy but seem to last me longer without repairs.

9. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

Don't go with a Snapper. The cut is terrible, and the squeaky disk drive can get a little annoying. I've had one since May and I wish I would have went with a Deere, Honda, or Toro.

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have run snapper for years cuts good and easy to start we run a billy goat contour top end mower.