1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best push mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, Apr 12, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

What are the best push mowers for bagging? I ask because I plan to buy 2 instead of a zero turn.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Snapper pro Hi vacs are awsome for bagging. I love mine.
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Snappers and they're really good and the drive system is simple. Tony
    However, my buddy Richard showed me his new Toro personal pace today and it's pretty good too.
  4. doubleedge

from ND

I have 2 of the homeowner personal pace, but they clog too much when going through wet or thick grass. Ill check out the snappers.
  5. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

how big a cut on your snapper push mower and how much hp?
  6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Hands down Toro proline dont waste your time on anything else I have owne or used them.
    Exmark metro is a close second then who cares from there.

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I Have an old 1988 toro proline commercial 2-stroke I believe 6.5hp. This mower still bags very well and still very sturdy. I paid $850 for the mower new and would buy another one if they were still made with the same motor. I have only changed spark plugs, blades and have rebuilt the carburetor once. I'm not sure what motor they have on them now.
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Honda's are great baggers. I have the HRX's and they are nice, but if you are doing alot of lawns get the HRC

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

True Cut high vac!
  10. doubleedge

from ND

Any more opinions? Looks pretty mixed atm.