best rack for the BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Jan 23, 2010.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

the rack I have now cracks the handle anyone have any suggestions on a good blower rack for the big stihl for a open trailer thanks Shawn

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using the TrimmerTrap rack for mine for quite a few years now. I've never had a problem with it. Stihl also has a new, stronger backplate now. I had to put one on my BR600 after I sat on the old one (I was tired) and broke it.

3. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

i built one for my BR550, but same basic size as a 600, it sits on a metal plate, and has a spring loaded piece that flips down over the handle and locks in place to old the blower in place, it even has a loop for the air tube to sit in, keeps it upright and out of the way of everything else. I would take a pic of it, but to dark right now. Ive never seen a rack designed like the one I built. When I pull the pad lock off, the piece flips up due to the springs, and I put it on, takes seconds!! I like it much better than the ones they sell.

4. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmertrap!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

i think i will order a trimertrap thanks Shawn

6. PROMOWER08

PROMOWER08 LawnSite Member

i have the one from Extreme trailer racks that locks and i love it.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

8. DKJLawnCare

DKJLawnCare LawnSite Member

That is the one i modeled my rack on my old trailer after. Mine was for a BR420.
    Im going to make my new one like that too. Less than $40 in Material.

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

none! the frame is too fragile to be put in a rack.

10. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Whatever type you go with, just make sure the blowers bottom is resting on something, and not just hanging from the plastic handle, I have seen some racks like this, and I think the stihls frame would break after awhile on that type, it would suck to see that pricey blower falling off the trailer on the expressway!!