1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Radio Ear Muffs

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ZKSLAWN, Nov 2, 2009.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

do you have a link to the In-Ear ones you have?
  2. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Monroe74

4. HighFiveBassin

HighFiveBassin LawnSite Member
    from VA

I asked if anyone had used this Peltor (AO Safety) Alert model in another post and didn’t get any responses. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...orm23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_requestid=19541

I considered the Peltor Work Tunes but liked that the Alert model has “active” noise suppression in that it has microphones that pick up all sounds and electronically suppresses anything over 82 decibels. By allowing ambient sounds to be heard it should be safer and sound more natural. They do cost about twice as much as the Work Tunes. They got excellent reviews on Cabelas and Amazon.com so I’m going to give them a try. Here is a brochure if anyone is interested. http://www.aearo.com/pdf/comm/alert_full.pdf
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Yellow ones from lowes too. They have the digital screen,you can preset up to ten stations and they have the plug so you can plug your Ipod or mp3 into them. I got mine for 50.00. Ive ordered other styles from lawn service equipment magazines and they never lasted very long.
  6. Monroe74

7. MumCity Landscaping LLC

MumCity Landscaping LLC LawnSite Member

I also use the yellow ones from lowes...They work great they block out all the noise from the blowers.
  8. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a pair from home depot they are ryobi, have the ability to hear someone talk to me but blocks out louder noises simultaneously, this can be adjusted by user. they also have a jack for hooking up an mp3 player...the part that blocks out certain levels of noise is run off of a ryobi 4v rechargeable battery 4 hr charge to 24 hr run time...cost 70 plus tax

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i use the AO safety worktunes. they work pretty well and block a lot of the equipment noise out
  10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I had a set a few years ago and I still consider them the best Ive used. The electronic noise reduction works great and you can adjust them to hear as much as you like.
    The ones I had didnt have the standard 3.5mm jack, only the peltor input so I couldnt play anything like mp3 player through them. You may be able to find an adaptor but I couldnt????

They stopped working due to moisture (I believe) getting into the electronics so be aware of that. They are probably a little more fragile than Worktunes.

I would get them again if they had the 3.5mm jack and weren't so expensive.

Good Muffs!