1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Radio Ear Muffs

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ZKSLAWN, Nov 2, 2009.

TYCINC LawnSite Member

I just upgraded to the Digi screen lol. . so much nicer! And to the guy who said theyre cheaply made and wont hold up- my last ones were like 2 years old, still going strong. . .

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I use work tunes and they work great reception is not the best always though.
  3. Rossland&seal

Rossland&seal LawnSite Member

Our whole crew uses worktunes and every new set hasn't lasted any longer than 6 months
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I have had my stihl brand ones for three years going strong to.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I use passive noise reduction EX-29 extreme isolation over ear headphones. These were desinged for drummers to use in recording studio or something like that and have held up very well. Google them, I bought mine online for around 65. These have held up great, keep ears warm, and plug into my ipod, i use an H2OAudio case from bestBuy for the ipod to keep it clean and free from moisture if it rains. They cancel 29 decibles so I dont have to crank up my ipod to hear it.
  6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I just got for Christmas and I've been using them while doing snow the past few days and love em.

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

i ended up getting the new ryobi tek4 headphones with the voice over mic for xmas
  8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i use the work tunes also
  9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a pair for Christmas...can't wait to use them!
  10. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I hate ear muffs. I use sound isolating ear buds.. shure 110's.