Best rate increase you can get!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLM1103, Apr 9, 2002.

1. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

I have two customers on the same street that I have been doing lawncare for over a year. I am a solo operator so I pay attention to a lot of "little details" that is hard to do with some employees. Whlile mowing today, I noticed both of them coming toward me waving their hands and I thought "what have I done now?". I shut the mower down and they told me that they appreciated the way I took care of their lawns and would like for me to add $10.00 per week to the price of each of their lawns.

I price my lawns a few dollars above my competition plus I get paid 12 months a year regardless of number of cuts so this is quite an increase in pure profits. These customers are in Florida for 5 months during winter and go back north during summer and they know that there yard has the same care when they are gone as when they are here.

It does pay to take that extra few minutes to give a quality job everytime.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats, my man...I'm sure you earned it and then some!

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats, it's the little things that make up the big picture, strive for the best and you'll receive the best.

Hank

4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I raised 0%. This year I was told by 3 accounts that they are at the limit and the price must stay where it is. I told them they are lucky I chose to live it the same as 2001 and that there will be a price increase in 2003 and to start shopping now. Cutters are offically at 1986 prices as of this season.

Count your lucky stars that you live in an area that has a higher wage base. Average income here is 21k.:(