best residential mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by northeast, Mar 19, 2000.

1. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

thanks for all the response on mower decks,it was a big help. now how about which mower to buy?in your opinion what would be the best all around mid deck ztr for 25 residential lawns,all dif. sizes small to large. do not want to rake clippings off lawn ,is there a good mulching deck to elimanate the clumping of clippings?i can spend around 7grand on mower.any advise here would be great.do not want to purchase wrong machine.

2. jakev

jakev Guest

No contest here.. Go with the eXmark Lazer Z or the eXmark HP. OR, a Walker.<p>In my opinion the eXmark is the best enginered mower on the market.. hands down.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

We buy Toro Z253 62&quot; 23hp Kohlers for 5800.00<p>I don't know if they're the best, but I think they may be the best value.

4. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

have you ever looked at the bobcats ZT100 or there ZT200

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

DIXIECHOPPER JUST CAME OUT WITH A 50&quot;-19HP KAW.FOR AROUND $5900.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

That reminds me!:<p>I was test driving Bobcats Friday: <br>The ZT200 (I think) had a 23hp Kawi and 61&quot; deck- nice machine. Very similar to Lazer/Toro, etc. I like the vertical shaft engine configuration better than Exmark.<p>But what the *&^@ were they thinking with the 31hp Dihatsu 72&quot;?!?! The HOC adjustment must've been designed by a drunk engineer on a Saturday night before the Monday AM deadline! I'm serious, that has got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've seen on a lawn mower. I can't even descibe it. Check it out at your local Bobcat dealer.<p>Anyway Bobcat will sell alot of their 23 Kaw 61&quot; mowers, they're really nice.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Hey Toro, I mean Lazer, are you going to change your screen name now? :) I couldn't resist. You make sure you report in on how these new Toro's perform once we get cutting. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>