Lawn Care Forum banner

BEST RIDER FOR 20,000sqft of Grass ??

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  fishinpa 
#1 ·
I currently use a Home Depot, John Deere 16 hp 42in rider. I don't have any complaints , but it's 5 years old and I was looking for something else.? I wouldn't mind a Zero turning radius.

Please give me your suggestions....:cool2:

#4 ·
About 1/2 acre...

#7 ·
It seems to me like a waste of money to buy a zero turn for 1/2 acre, unless you are planning on doing some side work with it to make it pay for itself.

I think i'd go with a good walk behind if you are looking for the same commercial quality of cut.

If you're lookin for stripes, then get a kit for your rider.

#9 ·
WREBELMACHINE said:
Depends on the money you want to spend but for the money Country Clipper makes a neat little machine
Every manufacturer makes a "neat little machine" for the person needing to mow this amount of property. A prime example of this is the Toro timecutter. Gravely also has a nice small unit on the market. It just comes down to price and service

#12 ·
I have just the mower you looking for. Its a Gravely 36" walk behind, like new too. If you interested pm and ill give you pictures and more info.
Thx Dan

#14 ·
Dixie Rob said:
It seems to me like a waste of money to buy a zero turn for 1/2 acre, unless you are planning on doing some side work with it to make it pay for itself.

I think i'd go with a good walk behind if you are looking for the same commercial quality of cut.

If you're lookin for stripes, then get a kit for your rider.
Any reconmedations are where to get a kit for my Home Depot Rider...??

#15 ·
Hustler Mini Fasttrak....go to the Hustler forum and do a search.......factory support, quality, cut, warranty........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.