Best Rider

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rclay11541, Jan 16, 2005.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Im not new to the landscaping business. Had my own for a couple years now. This comming season im looking to finally buy a rider. Most of my lawns are approx. 1 acre. I need a machine thats reliable, fast, and delivers a good cut. Since this is going to be my only machine i thought id ask all you for your advice.

Whats the best overall rider out there?
    *Looking for around a 60 incher

probably lookin at a used machine for around 6K how many hours should it have?

2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I believe that a John Deere 757 or 777 would be a great investment. :cool2:

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Everyone will give you their opinion on which one they think is best. You have to determine which is the best machine for you and not for someone else. I like Dixie Chopper, Hustler, Kubota, Scag, Grasshopper, Ferris, and Bad Boy to name a few. There are many great mowers out there and you will just have to demo and shop around for the one that best fits your needs. Hope that helps.

4. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

If you are going to be doing yards around 1 acre then look into a Hustler Fastrack. It is an awesome machine and is as reliable and built as tough as any 60 incher. Hustler is an awesome brand if there are any dealers close by. The fastrack is a solid mower for small lawns and is especially good on many slopes.

If I knew I was going to be doing mainly small residential yards I would definately go with the Fastrack and save some bucks.

5. rclay11541

I does thanks!

I want to stay away from JD's I've heard that because they have a stamped deck and not a welded one that it does not disapate thick grass very well.

Im think about an exmark lazer or toro z master. Any thoughts?

6. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

smart man.if you are deciding by quality not price here is my thoughts

1-exmark
    2-exmark
    2 1/2- walker
    3scag
    4hustler
    5 dixie slopper

7. rclay11541

why isn't toro on your list? any know problems?

8. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

toro owns exmark,other than a few minor things they are the same mower,so i didnt name them cause they are really one in the same.

9. rclay11541

10-4 thanks, i should have known that

10. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

get a walker, it may not be as fast as some of the others, but the qaulity of cut is the best...u wont be sorry if u buy a walker, it is a little more expensive but it is worth it.