Best scheduling / estimating / routing software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trendsetterslawncare, Mar 11, 2012.

1. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

i normally keep lurking instead of posting. but there is a good way to print from anywhere is to get a printer that allows you to set up an email account that prints anything emailed to it. i have it and it works great. if i email it a file itll print the whole thing. its simple and to use the email is free. im sure not all printers have it. hope that helps.

2. KLC LAWN

KLC LAWN LawnSite Member

that is eprint, need network no good in truck...
    I found a solution however ill repost

3. KLC LAWN

KLC LAWN LawnSite Member

YAY!!! I found a printer that prints directly from the ipad.......

I just bought a hp printer thinking I would use my jailbroken iphone with MyWi hotspot to have the printer connect to the hotspot then the ipad and that way they would be on the same network....

However when I fired the printer up and looked in the ipad network list, just the printer came up as its own network. I click on the printer and it connects to the printer as a network directly and prints flawlessly!

No other network required!!

I am sure there are many hp printers that will do this but the one I bought at Best Buy on sale for $109 is model HP Photosmart 5514 It is front loading so my plan is to fit it under the front seat in the truck, its only 5 3/4" high

4. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Awesome find, KLC! It boggles my mind that HP isn't advertising this capability more aggressively. I wonder if their other wireless printers work the same way.

I suppose there's still the minor inconvenience of having to connect to the printer network when you want print something, and then reconnecting to the data network, but that's a pretty minor issue considering what's gained.

Kudos

5. KLC LAWN

KLC LAWN LawnSite Member

Yes, it is.... The ad hoc network connectivity is the thing to look for. It comes up on all my wireless devices and prints quickly and flawlessly from all of them.

6. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

I've updated the Jobber Blog post we wrote about this topic with this new found information for posterity — http://blog.getjobber.com/2012/04/printing-quotes-and-invoices-on-the-road-from-your-tablet/

We plan on picking up a couple of other HP models over the next little while to test whether they'll work in the same way. We'll focus on the models that are compact, fast, and easy on ink, as those are the ones most of you are likely to want to install in your vehicles. We'll report back whatever we find!

Cheers,
    Sam

7. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

Sam
    I am in Canada and use Quickbooks, is your software compatible for tax purposes?

8. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hi OrganicLawnCanada,

Absolutely —*Jobber works great in Canada and will sync just fine with Canadian versions of QuickBooks.

(psst... we're actually a Canadian company!)

Cheers,
    Sam

9. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

Jobber
    Thanks I will be contacting you.