best season ever

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troblandscape, Aug 8, 2003.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

What a year, I am in S.E. Pa. and I have never seen so much green in August, keep the rain coming!!!

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It is a good year,no doubt.:)

3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

im in western NY and we get rain every day. Nice and green.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

5th year in biz for us.
    Best season for us also. It is like spring growth here.
    We haven't slowed down at all.

5. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

to much rain here, everthing nice and green and growing like crazy, but we are havig a hard time battling fungal diseases. - still best season yet money wise.:) :)

6. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

not enough rain here in north missouri we need more h20 :cry:

7. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

We seem to get rain every day, or every other day here in East Tennessee. Lately, they have been the scattered-type storms. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I have lived here since 1987, and I don't ever remember a summer this wet. Normally, everything is burnt up by now. This crazy weather has made me have to do lots of deck scraping on the Toro, as well as lots of double and triple cuts. Maybe it will slow down a bit soon.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't missed a weekly cut since I started in early April. I have a few customers really boo- hooing about the expense this season. I told them they should have saved all the money that they didn't have to spend last year!!!! This is the first time in years that I'll be cutting straight thru till leaf season. It's definitely been a money making year so far, but I'm getting kinda tired of all the mowing.

9. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Making extra money is great just remember to save some to help through next years drought. Actually I was hoping things would have slowed up some like last year. several local lcos did'nt survive last years dry spell and I picked up some more accounts. Hate to see anybody go out of biz, but their loss is my gain.payup
    Marc